What is the SCQF School Ambassador Programme?
The SCQF School Ambassador programme offers schools the opportunity to learn more about the benefits of the SCQF and the wider ways in which it supports learners such as recognising wider achievement, developing Senior Phase learning pathways in line with the ‘Developing the Young Workforce’ strategy and giving equality between vocational and academic qualifications.
Why should our school get involved?
There are many benefits of getting involved with the School Ambassadors Programme including:
• Promotional and publicity opportunities for your school including a ‘School inauguration’ event where staff and learners receive ambassador badges and a plaque
• Free tailored training for school staff and nominated pupils to become SCQF ambassadors
• Opportunities to participate in ‘real life’ projects
• Competitions run by the SCQF Partnership
• A thorough understanding of all the benefits of the SCQF for staff and learners as well as parents and carers
• A set of dedicated resources to allow ambassadors to deliver in-house events
• The opportunity for staff and pupils to be involved in events which showcase the different ways in which the SCQF can be used.
How Does It Work?
Once you register interest, a member of the SCQF Partnership will contact you to explain the programme in more detail and agree a date to come and conduct the training.
Your school will receive in-house training for staff and/or pupils who are interested in becoming ambassadors.
This free training will equip individuals with the knowledge and resources needed to be able to pass on their learning to other school pupils also wishing to become SCQF ambassadors in subsequent years.
How can my school get involved?
If this sounds like an initiative you would like your school to be involved in just get in touch with Brian Keegan at email@example.com to find out more and to talk through the practicalities and feasibility of setting the programme up in your school.