Who is this for?
SCQFfold for Learning is aimed at those delivering learning in schools and the broader learning community. It can also be used in Guidance and PSE and by middle and senior managers in a variety of settings to help themselves, staff, parents and carers and the learners they are responsible for to develop an understanding of the SCQF and find out how the resources it contains can be used effectively.
SCQFfold for Learning provides:
- a basic overview of the Framework’s level and credit system and understanding of the currency of the SCQF
- information on how the SCQF supports Curriculum for Excellence and ensures equal opportunities for all young people in terms of recognising achievement and attainment in line with Insight (Scottish Government’s benchmarking tool for Senior Phase pupils)
- information on how the SCQF can support all young people in developing learning routes and pathways
- ideas on how the SCQF can enrich the experiences of young people in schools
- details of the types of provision other than mainstream that is recognised on the Framework
- lesson plans, practical tools and presentations to support teachers, parents and carers
- references to a number of resources for teachers, parents, learners and those involved in community learning and development