What is SCQF credit rating?
It is a mechanism for organisations, large or small, to formally allocate SCQF levels and credits to their learning and have that learning placed on Scotland’s national qualifications framework.
Who is it for?
Any organisation wishing to formally acknowledge their in-house training or informal training sessions.
Why should I have my learning programme(s) recognised on the SCQF?
- Ensures your learning programmes will be recognised not just in Scotland but across the rest of UK and Europe;
- Helps you to relate your learning programmes to nationally recognised qualifications;
- Adds value to your in-house training and could give you an edge over the competition;
- Recognises the learning achieved by your employees, improving their morale and self-esteem;
- Makes your organisation a more attractive and rewarding place to work for prospective and current employees.
Who credit rates?
Any of the following Credit Rating Bodies (CRBs) are able to credit rate programmes on behalf of other organisations:
- Scottish Qualifications Authority
- Scottish Police College
(* Please note that not all universities and colleges provide a credit rating service. We can advise you on who best to approach based on your geographical location and the expected SCQF level of your learning programme)
There are also a number of other organisations that are able to credit rate their own programmes only. Learn more about our CRBs.
How do organisations get programmes on to the SCQF?
They follow a consistent process of credit rating with guidance from SCQF Partnership.
Any programme has the potential to be included on the Framework, provided that the programme meets the following criteria:
- must be based on learning outcomes;
- must be a minimum of 10 notional learning hours;
- must be formally assessed; and
- must be quality assured.
How do I find out more?
We offer free one day Would you Credit It? workshops to help you understand how to prepare your learning and training programmes for credit rating and we recommend that you register for one of these once you have decided to go ahead.
Contact Kevin McShane on 0845 270 7371 or email email@example.com. He will be happy to chat to you and tell you more about the SCQF and the process of having your learning and training recognised on the Framework.