We have been working over recent years with both universities and colleges to expand their credit rating activity beyond that of their mainstream provision. To support Universities and Colleges further and to develop their expertise in credit rating the SCQF Partnership is pleased to announce that funding of £5000 is available for each of up to six funded credit rating projects in session 2017/18. It is suggested that these could be:
- programmes which support student transition such as summer school programmes and access programmes (as mentioned by the Commission on Widening Access)
- programmes which offer long term benefits in terms of curriculum pathways for the learner (supporting the Learner Journey)
- a programme designed specifically for a particular industry, business or sector
- a programme designed and/or delivered by a partnership between a college, university, school or local authority.
This project will allow universities and colleges to:
- quality assure and credit rate existing or new provision not currently on the SCQF
- include SCQF level and credit rating in marketing materials
- provide additional pathways for learners
- develop existing collaborations with key partners
This project will achieve three outcomes for SCQF Partnership in its role of supporting Credit Rating Bodies within the university and college sector:
- to help overcome any perceived barriers to credit rating non-mainstream provision within universities and colleges
- to expand the types of credit rated programmes within universities and colleges in Scotland; and most importantly
- to build capacity of staff trained to credit rate non-mainstream provision within the HE and FE sectors.
All Universities and Colleges have been sent details of the full project brief which contains key dates and criteria. If this hasn’t already been shared with you, and you are interested in finding out more please contact Helen Murdoch firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the invitation or if you have any questions.
The closing date for submissions is Monday 2nd October……so don’t delay.