Europass is a portfolio of five documents that will help individuals make their skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood when they move between countries for work or further study. Europass consists of a portfolio of five documents as follows:
Two documents which individuals can complete independently
- The Europass CV can be completed online through the very user friendly portal and is well recognised across Europe. The European Skills Passport supplements the CV providing evidence of an individual’s skills, qualifications and experience.
- The Europass Language Passport is a self-assessment tool for language skills and qualifications This can be completed on-line using a template and instructions on the Europass website.
Three documents which are completed by the competent organisation on behalf of the individual
- Europass Mobility records the knowledge and skills an individual has gained from experience in another country such as a work placement or an academic exchange programme. It is completed by the partner organisations in the mobility project. These organisations can register to use this using the link on the Europass website
- The Europass Certificate Supplement provides important information on the content and level of vocational qualifications acquired by learners and aids recognition. It is issued by the awarding centre or organisation. Further guidance is available on the Europass
- The Europass Diploma Supplement provides important information on the content and level of higher education qualifications acquired by learners and aids recognition. It is issued by the relevant HE organisation. Further guidance is available on the Europass