UCAS has been working closely with the SCQF Partnership and SQA to have all* SCQF level 6 programmes included in the UCAS Tariff Tables.
From May 2022 the following changes will be implemented:
• Tariff points can be assigned to all SCQF Level 6 qualifications (in the wider UK tariff points can be assigned to all Level 3 regulated qualifications)
• International qualifications will be removed from the Tariff Tables, except for the Irish Leaving Certificate
• It will no longer be possible to nominate a qualification for inclusion in the Tariff Tables.
The tariff update will be published on ucas.com week commencing 23 May and will be applicable to students starting higher education from September 2023 onwards.
UCAS has worked collaboratively to ensure that the highest number of Level 6 qualifications will receive points, and that these points will be aligned to the points that English, Welsh and Northern Irish qualifications receive.
* You may notice certain SCQF Level 6 qualifications are not included in the May update. This is due to one of the following reasons:
• The qualification owner has requested that the qualification is not included in the Tariff Tables
• The qualification has a range of SCQF Credits which has made assigning a single tariff value complicated: for example, some SVQs can have a wide span of SCQF Credits. SQA Accreditation and UCAS will be considering how to allocate tariff points to this group of qualifications in the future.
You can read more about the changes to the Tariff Tables on ucas.com.
The SCQF Partnership wishes to thank the SCQF Credit Rating Bodies and programme owners who helped with the collation of the information needed to support this process.
Receive our latest news, workshop alerts and updates to our helpful resources via email.